Tony Robbins Praises Positive Intelligence

In Blog, Positive Intelligence by Shirzad Chamine8 Comments

Tony Robbins has praised Positive Intelligence in his blog on leadership.  He writes:

“There’s a great new book out called Positive Intelligence by a friend of mine, Shirzad Chamine.  In it, he shows that the amount of true potential that we realize is really controlled by how often our brain works to serve us versus conflict with our core desires and needs. We all have parts of ourselves that are overly judgmental, fearful, controlling, hyper-vigilant, etc. Shirzad calls these “Saboteurs” and he says that if we don’t learn to weaken these Saboteurs, it is hard to have emotional mastery or maximum psychological power as a leader.  He also acknowledges that we all have parts inside ourselves that are also bold, creative, curious, and determined. He calls these parts of our personality “the Sage.” Whatever you want to call it, you know that there’s a part of you that can find answers even in the most dire situations. Training yourself so that you are emotionally fit, so you can tap into the power of the Sage in you—instead of letting the part that’s constantly judging yourself interfere—will enable you to make a valuable contribution. Learning to change this in a matter of seconds is an extraordinarily valuable skill that anyone can learn.”

You can find Tony’s full blog post at Tony Robbins Blog.

  • Eliseu Machado

    I am in Lisboa, Portugal. Vou escrever em português, é mais fácil para mim. Comprei há dias, uma revista Recursos Humanos, e encontrei lá a notícia do livro editado em Portugal do sr. Shirzad Chamine. Procurei logo uma livraria, onde o encontrei. Comprei o 1º, comecei a ler, voltei à livraria e comprei mais dois para oferecer e recomendei a outros, interessados no tema. Se vibrei com a ideia da Inteligência Emocional, achei a ideia da Inteligência Positiva, um salto em frente enorme para este nosso mundo. Com a vantagem de estar muito clara e compreensivamente teorizada, explicada. O meu livro já está muito sublinhado. É minha prática, há livros que me apetece quase comê-los. Este é um deles. Porque estou, desde sempre nessa onda, só aviva e teorisa sentires e práticas minhas. Estou muito por aí. Não tenho dificuldade em entender e aceitar as sugestões. Considero que os poderes do sábio estão na minha mão por prática e convicção, o que tornou a vida em termos de relacionamentos, familiares e profissionais, simplificada e saudável. Este livro, com tudo o que trás é um entusiasmo para mim. Não tenho palavras. Obrigado Sr.Shirzade. Vou falar dele no meu FB. Eliseu Machado. Leio inglês, mas não tenho praticado escrita.

    • Thank you Eliseu for your very kind words. I used Google’s translation feature to translate your words into English so I could understand them. I am delighted by the impact of my book on you. Good luck with you.

  • Hello, I would like to provide a feedback about the point in the book that “Only 20 percent of us score above a PQ of 75, and that’s why only 20 percent of individuals and teams achieve their true potential” (P.129 of hardcover).

    It seems to me that this point perhaps is contradicting the author’s main thesis. Surely the author does not want to raise anxiety amongst readers “Oh, will I be part of that 20%, or I am destined forever to be part of the other 80%” Perhaps the author might state in a more positive way that when a study was conducted at such and such date, amongst such and such people, 20% of people measured at PQ of 75 or above. Surely, the 20% of number is not fixed – otherwise by definition it would be futile for some people to even try. Rather, the author should say that the number will grow as more and more people adopt PQ practices ! There is a beautiful saying in the Prajnaparamita or so called Heart Sutra attributed to Siddhartha (or Gautama Buddha) – “Everybody goes to the other side” Not just the 20% !

    Thank you, hope this is helpful.

    • Thanks Suhas for your generous offering. The point about 20% is that the insights and techniques of the book could enable the other 80% to also achieve their potential, rather than leaving the number at 20%. So indeed it is a very positive message of hope that it is possible for everyone to learn how to do that.

  • masha

    This is a great book. A life savor.
    Thank you Shirzad for writing this book.
    I’m from Israel, i read the hebrew translation.
    Just great.

    • Thank you Masha for letting me know. I haven’t seen the Hebrew translation yet. I am so glad you found it effective.

  • Christina

    I haven’t even finished the book yet, but just being able to know, that sometimes this is an ugly saboteur speaking and not myself has changed my days tremendously. Especially in regards to how i react to people’s actions and words. Knowing, that I am currently judging or letting my Judge take action because I feel upset, disappointed, anxious or resentful has turned my day around in 100:1 and the days of the loved ones in my life too. THANK YOU!

  • Günter Schaber

    The book compliments Tony´s work in great way. Even if i know, what it is exactly, that I want, there are some self sabotaging patterns running inside me. Giving the names like Judge (I call them Inquisitor) and seeing them in their good intent to prevent me from being hurt or killed by the monster is absolutely an eye opener … Fully committet to nurturing my sage wisdom and doing lots of PQ units I wanted to give thanks to your book, work and intention